Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes managers who plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of utility companies or services or of heating oil distribution companies. The services provided include the distribution of water, electricity, natural gas and heating oil to residential, commercial and industrial consumers, waste disposal and waste recycling. Utilities managers are employed in public and private sector utilities and in heating oil distribution companies.
director of waste management, director of water pollution control, director, distribution systems – utilities, director, electrical power transmission operations, director, water supply, electric power plant manager, liquid waste facility manager, manager, distribution, refined petroleum products, manager, electric generating plant, manager, gas supply operations, manager, sewage treatment plant, water filtration plant manager.
- Water supply managers manage water filtration, purification processes and pumping operations, schedule and oversee the maintenance of plant equipment and prepare reports on water supply and water quality.
- Electrical power distribution managers manage the operations of electrical power distribution systems including generating stations, transmission stations and distribution networks. They may also plan and direct the distribution activities of a municipal electrical power establishment.
- Natural gas supply managers manage the delivery of gas to consumers, monitor supply inventories and control the recording of injections and withdrawals.
- Petroleum product distribution managers plan and direct the distribution of heating oil products to retail distributors and regional storage sites.
- Water pollution control managers manage the operations of a sewage treatment plant, schedule and direct maintenance of plant equipment, and prepare reports on water quality.
- Waste systems managers manage solid or liquid waste collection and disposal systems, train drivers in how to handle waste and ensure safe operation of disposal facilities.
Jobs for Utilities Managers in Prince Albert Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Prince Albert Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: