Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Workers in this unit group prepare meat and poultry for further processing, for packaging or for marketing. They are employed in meat and poultry slaughtering, processing and packing establishments.
beef boner, ham cutter, industrial butcher, industrial meat cutter, meat trimmer, poultry preparer, slaughterer.
- Industrial butchers slaughter livestock using stunning devices and knives; skin, clean and trim carcasses; remove viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses; split carcasses into smaller portions to facilitate handling; and may slaughter cattle, calves and sheep as prescribed by religious laws.
- Industrial meat cutters cut beef, lamb, pork or veal carcasses or sides or quarters of carcasses into primal cuts for further cutting, processing or packaging; remove bones from meat; and cut meat and poultry into specific cuts for institutional, commercial or other wholesale use.
- Poultry preparers slaughter poultry and remove inedible parts; remove feathers and singe and wash poultry to prepare for further processing or packaging.
- Trimmers remove skin, excess fat, bruises or other blemishes from carcasses or meat portions.
Outlook & Prospects for Industrial Butchers and Meat Cutters, Poultry Preparers and Related Workers in Regina--Moose Mountain Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Regina--Moose Mountain Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- Due to a shortage of appropriately-credentialed emergency physicians, the Regina Qu¿Appelle Health Region announced a three-month closure to all incoming patients during a nightly 12.5 hour period of the Emergency Department at the Pasqua Hospital
- Winter weather conditions have forced the City of Estevan to postpone some construction projects until next spring
- Browns Socialhouse opened in Moose Jaw, the fourth location in Saskatchewan
- Sears plans to close its distribution centre in Regina in the spring of 2014, which affects close to 300 employees
- The DoubleTree by Hilton hotel and conference centre reopened after an 11-month, $35M renovation of the former Regina Inn
- The Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority contracted with Ledcor Group to start construction in November on the new $37M liquor distribution warehouse at Regina's Global Transportation Hub, with completion of the facility expected in 2015
- Date Modified: