Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers, retail and wholesale, prepare standard cuts of meat, poultry, fish and shellfish for sale in retail or wholesale food establishments. They are employed in supermarkets, grocery stores, butcher shops and fish stores or may be self-employed. Butchers who are supervisors or heads of departments are included in this group.
butcher apprentice, butcher, retail, fishmonger – retail, head butcher – wholesale, meat cutter – retail or wholesale, supermarket meat cutter.
- Cut, trim, and otherwise prepare standard cuts of meat, poultry, fish and shellfish for sale at self-serve counters or according to customers' orders
- Grind meats and slice cooked meats using powered grinders and slicing machines
- Prepare special displays of meat, poultry, fish and shellfish
- Shape, lace and tie roasts and other meats, poultry or fish and may wrap prepared meats, poultry, fish and shellfish
- Manage inventory, keep records of sales and determine amount, product line and freshness of products according to company and customer requirements
- Ensure food storage conditions are adequate
- May supervise other butchers, or meat cutters or fishmongers.
Outlook & Prospects for Butchers, Meat Cutters and Fishmongers – Retail and Wholesale in Regina--Moose Mountain Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Regina--Moose Mountain Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Mar 11 – Mar 15, 2013
- Home Depot will host career fairs in both of their Saskatoon locations, Regina east, Regina northwest, and at the Lloydminster location on March 21, 2013
Week of Feb 04 – Feb 08, 2013
- On January 31, Sears Canada issue layoff notices to about 80 workers at its affected distribution centre in Regina and to 12 associates in retail stores in several Saskatchewan communities
Week of Jan 21 – Jan 25, 2013
Week of Nov 12 – Nov 16, 2012
- Date Modified: