Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians may work independently or provide technical support and services in the design, development, testing, production and operation of electrical and electronic equipment and systems. They are employed by electrical utilities, communications companies, manufacturers of electrical and electronic equipment, consulting firms, and in governments and a wide range of manufacturing, processing and transportation industries.
communications technologist, electrical engineering technician, electrical engineering technologist, electricity distribution network technologist, electronics design technologist, electronics engineering technician, electronics engineering technologist, electronics manufacturing technician, electronics manufacturing technologist, lighting technologist, metering technologist, microwave maintenance technician, production support technician – electronics manufacturing.
- Design, develop and test power equipment and systems, industrial process control systems, telecommunication, broadcast, recording and audiovisual systems, micro-electronic systems and circuits, computers, computer systems and networks, and computer software
- Supervise the building and testing of prototypes according to general instructions and established standards
- Conduct or supervise the installation, commissioning, and operation of electrical and electronic equipment and systems other than aircraft electronics or instruments
- Carry out applied research in fields of electrical and electronic engineering and physics under the direction of scientists or engineers
- Set up and operate specialized and standard test equipment to diagnose, test and analyze the performance of electrical and electronic components, assemblies and systems
- Write specifications, schedules and technical reports and control schedules and budgets.
- Assist in the design, development and testing of electrical and electronic components, equipment, and systems
- Assist in inspection, testing, adjusting and evaluation of incoming electrical, electro-mechanical and electronic components and assemblies to ensure conformance with product specifications and tolerances
- Conduct life tests (burn-ins) on assemblies and record and analyze results
- Assist in building and testing prototypes to specifications
- Carry out a limited range of technical functions in support of research in electrical and electronic engineering and physics
- Install, operate and maintain electrical and electronic equipment and systems
- Calibrate electrical or electronic equipment and instruments according to technical manuals and written instructions
- Collect and compile operational or experimental data and assist in the preparation of estimates, schedules, budgets, specifications and reports.
Jobs for Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technologists and Technicians in Regina--Moose Mountain Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 9 job postings in Regina--Moose Mountain Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-05-13||Technical Services Supervisor||DAVID APLIN GROUP - ENGINEERING & TECHNICAL||
|2013-05-10||Senior Communications Strategist||City of Regina||
|2013-05-08||Electronics Technician||Diverse Systems Ltd.||
|2013-05-08||ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN||ARCUS GROUP INTERNATIONAL||
|2013-05-03||Cathodic Protection Technician||Southern Corrosion Control Ltd.||
|2013-04-18||Senior Technical Specialist||David Aplin Group||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: