Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Mechanics in this unit group test, repair and service motorcycles, motor scooters, snowmobiles, forklifts and all-terrain vehicles. They are employed by service shops of motorcycle dealers and retailers and by independent service establishments.
all-terrain vehicle repairer, forklift mechanic, industrial truck repairer, motor scooter repairer, motorcycle mechanic, motorcycle mechanic apprentice, snowmobile repairer.
- Review work orders and discuss work to be performed with supervisor
- Inspect and test engine and other mechanical components using test devices to diagnose and isolate faults
- Adjust, repair or replace mechanical or electrical system parts and components using hand tools and equipment
- Test and adjust repaired systems for proper performance
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on equipment
- Advise customers on work performed and general condition of equipment
- Determine estimates of repair cost
- May repair and rebuild hoisting mechanism and other mechanical systems on industrial trucks and forklifts.
Outlook & Prospects for Motorcycle and Other Related Mechanics in Northeast Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- West Fraser Mills’ Chetwynd Forest Industries division is proceeding with Phase 2 of a $35M Chetwynd sawmill upgrade that will enable the company to maintain a two-shift operation with increased production
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Kenalex Development Inc. will start installing water and sewer services for the construction of a 71-lot subdivision in North Bay
Week of Feb 18 – Feb 22, 2013
- Teck Resources Limited will hire 500 workers for their Tumbler Ridge Quintette coal mine, which is estimated to open in mid-2014 upon federal and provincial regulatory approval
Week of Dec 03 – Dec 07, 2012
- Northern Lights College in Tumbler Ridge is developing a new underground mining curriculum in response to industry demand for skilled workers
- Date Modified: