Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Shoe repairers repair footwear and shoemakers make specialized and custom shoes and boots. They are employed in shoe repair shops or custom shoemaking establishments, or they may be self-employed.
- Discuss type of footwear to be made and obtain measurements from customer
- Select patterns and leather or other material and outline and cut patterns
- Select or assemble lasts, fasten insoles to lasts and sew or glue other parts into place
- Trim, dress and otherwise finish boots or shoes
- Estimate custom footwear costs and receive payment from customers
- May supervise other shoemakers and shoe repairers.
- Repair soles, heels and other parts of footwear using sewing, buffing and other shoe repair machines, materials and equipment
- Repair belts, luggage, purses and similar products
- Estimate footwear repair costs and take payment.
Outlook & Prospects for Shoe Repairers and Shoemakers in Nechako Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- Construction of The Wood Innovation and Design Centre in Prince George is set to begin in April, creating 50 local jobs
Week of Mar 11 – Mar 15, 2013
- Construction of the new Lakes District Hospital will create 200 direct jobs in Burns Lake. PLC Contractors West Coast Inc. will build the $55M hospital by fall 2015.
Week of Dec 17 – Dec 21, 2012
- The Babine Forest Sawmill in Burns Lake is set to be rebuilt and ready for operations by 2014 after it was destroyed by a fire last January
Week of Sep 17 – Sep 21, 2012
- Date Modified: