Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Shoe repairers repair footwear and shoemakers make specialized and custom shoes and boots. They are employed in shoe repair shops or custom shoemaking establishments, or they may be self-employed.
- Discuss type of footwear to be made and obtain measurements from customer
- Select patterns and leather or other material and outline and cut patterns
- Select or assemble lasts, fasten insoles to lasts and sew or glue other parts into place
- Trim, dress and otherwise finish boots or shoes
- Estimate custom footwear costs and receive payment from customers
- May supervise other shoemakers and shoe repairers.
- Repair soles, heels and other parts of footwear using sewing, buffing and other shoe repair machines, materials and equipment
- Repair belts, luggage, purses and similar products
- Estimate footwear repair costs and take payment.
Outlook & Prospects for Shoe Repairers and Shoemakers in Nechako Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 19 - Aug 23, 2013
- Thompson Creek will begin production at its Mount Milligan copper-gold mine, 155 km northwest of Prince George. The mine, which has been under construction for two years, will employ nearly 400 people and has an estimated life span of 22 years.
- Vancouver-based TTM Resources has withdrawn its Chu Molybdenum Mine Project in north-central BC from provincial and federal environmental review processes, due to weak financial markets and the depressed price of molybdenum
- National Concrete Accessories is opening a branch in Prince George in early June
- A Costco gas bar originally scheduled to open in June has yet to begin construction and will be delayed until September
- Date Modified: