Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Government managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the development and administration of elementary, secondary and post-secondary education policies and programs. They are employed by government departments and agencies.
director, education curriculum development, director, education policy analysis and research, director, school inspection, education director, manager, education program administration.
- Participate in the development of education policy by providing advice to senior government managers
- Organize departmental unit and establish procedures to meet departmental objectives set by senior management
- Direct and advise policy researchers or program officers conducting research, preparing documents or administering programs for elementary and secondary school systems
- Plan, administer and control budgets for projects, programs, support services and equipment
- Organize and direct committees and working groups to plan, manage or evaluate education projects and programs
- Interview, hire and provide training for staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Government Managers – Education Policy Development and Program Administration in Cariboo Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Construction on the new $7.4M NorKam Trades and Technology Centre in Kamloops will begin in September 2013 and last nearly a year
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- TRU North received $1M in funding to provide group literacy and skill assessment for local aboriginal workers to help prepare them for entering the skilled trades
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- The University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC) will cut three full-time employees and eliminate one vacant faculty position due to budget constraints for the 2013-2014 school year
- Domtar’s pulp machine, in Kamloops, recently shut down. By the end of spring, 125 job losses are expected.
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- Sinclair Group Forest Products Ltd. announced they will rebuild Lakeland Mills in Prince George, recalling approximately 100 of the 160 sawmill workers. Construction is estimated to take one year and will commence this spring.
- Date Modified: