Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Chain saw and skidder operators operate chain saws to fell, delimb and buck trees, and operate skidders to move or yard the felled trees from the logging site to the landing area for processing and transportation. They are employed by logging companies and contractors.
bucker, chain saw operator, faller, feller, forest worker – logging, grapple skidder operator, landingman/woman, pieceworker – logging, skidder operator.
- Operate chain saw to fell, delimb and buck trees at the logging site and loading area
- Operate cable, or grapple skidder to move or yard the felled trees from the logging site to the landing area for processing and transportation
- Assess site, terrain and weather conditions before felling and yarding trees
- May work as member of a team rotating between chain saw operation and skidder operation
- May maintain and perform minor repairs on skidders, chain saws and other equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Chain Saw and Skidder Operators in Kootenay Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Nov 05 – Nov 09, 2012
- Canfor Corp. reopened the Radium Hot Springs sawmill on October 29th, 2012. Canfor expects an initial workforce of 136 employees at the Radium mill by the end of November, with 144 employed in 2013.
- Date Modified: