Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Bricklayers lay bricks, concrete blocks, stone and other similar materials to construct or repair walls, arches, chimneys, fireplaces and other structures in accordance with blueprints and specifications. They are employed by construction companies and bricklaying contractors or they may be self-employed.
apprentice bricklayer, bricklayer, brickmason, refractory bricklayer, stonecutter, stonemason.
- Read sketches and blueprints to calculate materials required
- Cut and trim bricks and concrete blocks to specification using hand and power tools
- Prepare and lay bricks, concrete blocks, stone, structural tiles and similar materials to construct or repair walls, foundations and other structures in residential, industrial and commercial construction
- Lay bricks or other masonry units to build residential or commercial chimneys and fireplaces
- Lay radial bricks to build masonry shells of industrial chimneys
- Lay or install firebricks to line industrial chimneys and smokestacks
- Line or reline furnaces, kilns, boilers and similar installations using refractory or acid-resistant bricks, refractory concretes, plastic refractories and other materials
- Lay bricks, stone or similar materials to provide veneer facing to walls or other surfaces
- Construct and install prefabricated masonry units
- Lay bricks or other masonry units to build patios, garden walls and other decorative installations
- May restore, clean or paint existing masonry structures.
Outlook & Prospects for Bricklayers in Kootenay Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Aug 20 – Aug 24, 2012
Week of Jul 30 – Aug 03, 2012
Week of Jul 16 – Jul 20, 2012
Week of Jun 25 – Jun 29, 2012
- Date Modified: