Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Retail trade supervisors supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Retail Salespersons and Sales Clerks</i> (6421), <i>Cashiers</i> (6611), <i>Grocery Clerks and Store Shelf Stockers</i> (6622) and <i>Other Elemental Sales Occupations</i> (6623). They are employed by stores and other retail businesses, wholesale businesses that sell on a retail basis to the public, rental service establishments and businesses involved in door-to-door soliciting and telemarketing.
department store supervisor, head cashier, liquor store supervisor, produce department supervisor, rental service supervisor, route supervisor, retail sales, telemarketing supervisor.
- Supervise and co-ordinate sales staff and cashiers
- Assign sales workers to duties and prepare work schedules
- Authorize payments by cheque and the return of merchandise
- Sell merchandise to customers
- Resolve problems that arise, such as customer complaints and supply shortages
- Maintain specified inventory and order merchandise
- Prepare reports regarding sales volumes, merchandising and personnel matters
- Hire and train or arrange for the training of new sales staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Retail Trade Supervisors in Kootenay Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
- Date Modified: