Explore Careers - Job Market Report
University professors teach courses to undergraduate and graduate students and conduct research at universities and degree-granting colleges. University professors who are heads of departments are included in this unit group.
English professor, assistant professor, botany, associate professor, linguistics, chairperson, food sciences department, chairperson, physics department, department head, geography, lecturer – university, professor of computer science, professor of medicine, university instructor, engineering, university professor.
- Teach one or more university subjects to undergraduate and graduate students
- Prepare and deliver lectures to students and conduct laboratory sessions or discussion groups
- Prepare, administer and grade examinations, laboratory assignments and reports
- Advise students on course and academic matters and career decisions
- Direct research programs of graduate students and advise on research matters
- Conduct research in field of specialization and publish findings in scholarly journals or books
- May serve on faculty committees dealing with such matters as curriculum planning and degree requirements, and perform a variety of administrative duties
- May represent their universities as speakers and guest lecturers
- May provide professional consultative services to government, industry and private individuals.
University professors specialize in a particular subject matter such as biology, chemistry, anatomy, sociology, business administration or law.
Outlook & Prospects for University Professors in Kootenay Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
- Date Modified: