Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Computer and information systems managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of organizations that analyze, design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
EDP (electronic data processing) manager, computer systems manager, data centre manager, data processing director, information systems manager, manager, data processing and systems analysis, manager, management information system (MIS), manager, software engineering, software development manager, systems development manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP) departments and companies
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations and development
- Meet with clients to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
- Assemble and manage teams of information systems personnel to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems
- Control the budget and expenditures of the department, company or project
- Recruit and supervise computer analysts, engineers, programmers, technicians and other personnel and oversee their professional development and training.
Outlook & Prospects for Computer and Information Systems Managers in Kootenay Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within British Columbia.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Lower Mainland - Southwest Region||N/A||N/A|
|North Coast Region||N/A||N/A|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||N/A||N/A|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Engineering jobs are strongest in BC and Alberta, according to a recent Engineers Canada report titled Engineering Labour Market in Canada: Projections to 2020.
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- BC’s advertising and public relations sectors anticipate a business and employment boost after the May 2013 provincial election
Week of Jan 21 – Jan 25, 2013
- Vineyard Networks in Kelowna has been acquired by Silicon Valley-based, Procera, for $28M. Procera is planning to expand the company and will hire approximately 15 engineers.
Week of Dec 10 – Dec 14, 2012
- Date Modified: