Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Architecture and science managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of an architecture, landscape architecture, scientific or statistical department, service or firm. They are employed by a wide range of private sector and government establishments as well as by architectural firms and scientific research companies.
architectural manager, chief actuary, director of architecture, director of research – forestry, director of research – manufacturing, director of research – mining, director, agricultural chemistry branch, landscape architecture manager, manager, life sciences program, manager, petroleum geology department, scientific research department manager, statistical service manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations of an architecture, landscape architecture, scientific research and development laboratory or quality control department, service or firm
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the architectural, scientific and technical work performed in the department, service, laboratory or firm
- Assign, co-ordinate and review the technical work of the department or project teams
- Recruit personnel and oversee development and maintenance of staff competence in required areas
- May participate directly in the design, development and inspection of technical projects or in the theoretical or applied scientific work of the department
- May consult and negotiate with clients to prepare specifications, explain proposals or present architectural or scientific research reports and findings.
Outlook & Prospects for Architecture and Science Managers in Kootenay Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- International Forest Products has purchased two Kootenay region timber tenures that will sustain production at the company’s Castlegar sawmill. According to the most recent figures available, the mill employs over 100 people.
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Development of Centermount Coal’s Bingay mine in the Elk Valley has been temporarily suspended, due to reduced global demand for iron ore. The project, employing 14 consultants, may resume in the summer of 2014.
Week of Feb 25 – Mar 01, 2013
Week of Nov 05 – Nov 09, 2012
- Canfor Corp. reopened the Radium Hot Springs sawmill on October 29th, 2012. Canfor expects an initial workforce of 136 employees at the Radium mill by the end of November, with 144 employed in 2013.
- Date Modified: