Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Nursery and greenhouse workers plant, cultivate and harvest trees, shrubs, flowers and plants, and serve nursery and greenhouse customers. They are employed in indoor and outdoor nurseries and greenhouses.
forest nursery worker, greenhouse worker, horticulture worker, hothouse worker, hydroponics worker, nursery worker.
- Prepare soil; plant bulbs, seeds and cuttings; graft and bud plants; and transplant seedlings and rooted cuttings
- Spray trees, shrubs, flowers and plants to prevent disease and pests
- Position and regulate greenhouse and outdoor irrigation systems to water plants and fields
- Dig, cut and transplant trees, shrubs, flowers and plants and prepare them for sale
- Provide information to customers on gardening and the care of trees, shrubs, flowers, plants and lawns
- May operate tractors and other machinery and equipment to fertilize, cultivate, harvest and spray fields and plants
- Maintain inventory and order materials as required
- Clean working area.
Outlook & Prospects for Nursery and Greenhouse Workers in Thompson--Okanagan Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Dec 10 – Dec 14, 2012
- The Ardew Wood Products sawmill in Merritt will be closing in January, resulting in the lay-off of 55 employees
Week of Oct 15 – Oct 19, 2012
- Date Modified: