Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Roofers install, repair or replace flat roofs and shingles, shakes or other roofing tiles on sloped roofs. Shinglers install and replace shingles, tiles and similar coverings on sloped roofs. They are employed by roofing and general contractors, or they may be self-employed.
apprentice roofer, asphalt roofer, built-up roofer, flat roofer, residential steep roofer, roofer, shingler, single-ply roofer.
- Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems using materials such as asphalt saturated felts and hot asphalt and gravel
- Install, repair or replace single-ply roofing system using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric or other asphaltic compositions
- Install, repair or replace shingles, shakes and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
- Install sheet metal flashings
- Apply waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level
- Install and repair metal roofs using hand and power tools
- Set up scaffolding to provide safe access to roofs
- May estimate materials required and quote costs.
- Install or replace asphalt shingles, wood shingles and shakes and masonry or baked clay roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
- Set up scaffolding to provide safe access to roofs.
Outlook & Prospects for Roofers and Shinglers in West Coast--Northern Peninsula--Labrador Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|West Coast--Northern Peninsula--Labrador Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Construction has started in Corner Brook to redevelop the former Regina High School as an intermediate school, scheduled to open in September, 2014. Marco Services Ltd. was awarded a contract worth nearly $12M to undertake this work.
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- The provincial government Dept. of Transportation and Works has issued a $43M tender to begin the widening and upgrading of Phase III and completion of Phase I and II of the Trans Labrador Highway
- The provincial government has awarded a contract of $137,000 to Island Roofing Co. Ltd. of Cox’s Cove to repair the roof at Gros Morne Academy in Rocky Harbour. Work will begin this spring.
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- The provincial government has announced $227M in funding over a three-year period for the construction of a new 260-bed health care facility in Corner Brook. The design work will begin in 2013, and construction is expected to start in 2015.
Week of Mar 11 – Mar 15, 2013
- The provincial government has awarded a contract worth $165,000 to Noble's Construction of Springdale for upgrades to Our Lady of Mercy Elementary School and Appalachia High School in St. George's
- Date Modified: