Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers who sell goods or services during home demonstrations or by telephone soliciting, retail exhibitions or street vending. They are employed by a wide range of retail and wholesale establishments, manufacturers, telemarketing companies and call centres, or they may be self-employed.
canvasser – retail, demonstrator – retail, direct distributor – retail, door-to-door salesperson, home demonstrator – retail, street vendor, telemarketer, telephone solicitor.
- Direct distributors, contact potential customers by phone or through personal contacts, demonstrate and sell products directly to individual customers or at sales parties and deliver purchased goods to customers.
- Door-to-door salespersons solicit sales and sell merchandise to residents of private homes.
- Street vendors set up and display merchandise on sidewalks or at public events to sell to the public.
- Telephone solicitors and telemarketers contact businesses or private individuals, by telephone, to solicit sales for goods or services or conduct market surveys
- Demonstrators arrange sales demonstration appointments, and show, describe and sell goods or services at wholesale, retail and industrial establishments, and at exhibitions, trade shows and private homes.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Elemental Sales Occupations in West Coast--Northern Peninsula--Labrador Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|West Coast--Northern Peninsula--Labrador Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Feb 25 – Mar 01, 2013
- Bishop's Falls will receive a new wastewater cleaning system that uses grass to clean the water. The system is expected to be in use by 2015.
Week of Jan 21 – Jan 25, 2013
- The Northern Exposure Labrador Opportunity Conference and Trade Show held in St. John's on January 22, 2013 focused on growing buinesses and partnership opportunities in several industries in Labrador
Week of Nov 26 – Nov 30, 2012
- The Town of Cape St. George is on its way to becoming the only small community in the province with curbside collection of compost, paper, cardboard and other recyclables
- Date Modified: