Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Retail trade supervisors supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Retail Salespersons and Sales Clerks</i> (6421), <i>Cashiers</i> (6611), <i>Grocery Clerks and Store Shelf Stockers</i> (6622) and <i>Other Elemental Sales Occupations</i> (6623). They are employed by stores and other retail businesses, wholesale businesses that sell on a retail basis to the public, rental service establishments and businesses involved in door-to-door soliciting and telemarketing.
department store supervisor, head cashier, liquor store supervisor, produce department supervisor, rental service supervisor, route supervisor, retail sales, telemarketing supervisor.
- Supervise and co-ordinate sales staff and cashiers
- Assign sales workers to duties and prepare work schedules
- Authorize payments by cheque and the return of merchandise
- Sell merchandise to customers
- Resolve problems that arise, such as customer complaints and supply shortages
- Maintain specified inventory and order merchandise
- Prepare reports regarding sales volumes, merchandising and personnel matters
- Hire and train or arrange for the training of new sales staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Retail Trade Supervisors in West Coast--Northern Peninsula--Labrador Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|West Coast--Northern Peninsula--Labrador Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 21 - Jan 25, 2013
- Shoppers at the Corner Brook Plaza will see a few changes over the next year as Sears undergoes some renovations, Zellers closes out in March 2013 and Target opens in late 2013. Target expects to employ between 150-200 team members.
- Steady Brook Marble Inn Resort bringing fractional real estate ownership, vacation sharing to province
- Date Modified: