Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Film and video camera operators operate motion picture and video cameras and related equipment to record news, live events, films, videos and television broadcasts. They are employed by television networks and stations, motion picture and video production companies and in-house communications facilities of large corporations.
assistant camera operator, camera operator, electronic news gathering (ENG) camera operator, film camera operator, motion picture camera operator, studio camera operator, television camera operator, video camera operator.
- Meet with director and senior members of camera crew to discuss assignment and determine filming sequences, camera movements and picture composition
- Select and set up camera equipment to be used, and attach lens, filters and film magazine to camera
- Adjust focus, exposure, lighting and other camera settings
- Operate film or video camera to record news, live events, films, videos and television broadcasts
- Label and record contents of exposed film, and complete report sheets
- Test, maintain and store equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Film and Video Camera Operators in West Coast--Northern Peninsula--Labrador Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|West Coast--Northern Peninsula--Labrador Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- The provincial government's Dept. of Health and Community Services has announced that seven new Medical Flight team members are in training. The team will be stationed in Happy Valley-Goose Bay and expects to be operational by mid-summer.
- The provincial government's Dept. of Transportation and Works has awarded a $132,000 contract to St. George’s Excavation Ltd., Whitestone Developments Ltd. and Paddy’s Plumbing and Heating to renovate six social housing units on the west coast
- The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers representing almost 40 machinists, millwrights and welders and Kruger have reached a deal with the Corner Brook pulp and paper mill.
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The provincial government Dept. of Tourism, Culture and Recreation announced a grant of $15,000 to the West Rock Community Centre in Corner Brook for a new rock climbing wall.
- Construction has started in Corner Brook to redevelop the former Regina High School as an intermediate school, scheduled to open in September, 2014. Marco Services Ltd. was awarded a contract worth nearly $12M to undertake this work.
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The provincial government Dept. of Natural Resources has announced plans for a $90M loan to the Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Mill to assist with industry challenges
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- The provincial government Dept. of Transportation and Works has issued a $43M tender to begin the widening and upgrading of Phase III and completion of Phase I and II of the Trans Labrador Highway
- The provincial government has awarded a contract of $137,000 to Island Roofing Co. Ltd. of Cox’s Cove to repair the roof at Gros Morne Academy in Rocky Harbour. Work will begin this spring.
- The Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Mill received a financial boost this week as the provincial government waived a tax exemption valued at $6M until 2017
- Date Modified: