Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Employment counsellors provide assistance, counsel and information to worker clients on all aspects of employment search and career planning. They also provide counsel and information to employer clients regarding human resource and employment issues. Employment counsellors are employed primarily by federal and provincial governments but are also employed by large establishments and private employment service agencies. Supervisors of employment counsellors are included in this unit group.
career counsellor – except education, career development consultant, career development counsellor, employment counsellor, occupational counsellor, outplacement counsellor, relocation consultant, relocation counsellor, supervisor, employment counsellors, vocational counsellor.
- Interview clients to obtain employment history, educational background and career goals
- Identify barriers to employment and assist clients with such matters as job readiness skills, job search strategies, writing résumés and preparing for job interviews
- Advise employers on human resource and other employment-related issues
- Administer and interpret tests designed to determine the interests, aptitudes and abilities of clients
- Assess need for assistance such as rehabilitation, financial aid or further vocational training and refer clients to the appropriate services
- Provide established workers with information on maintaining a job or moving within an organization, dealing with job dissatisfaction or making a mid-career change
- Collect labour market information for clients regarding job openings, entry and skill requirements and other occupational information
- Provide consulting services to community groups and agencies, business and industry, and to other organizations involved in providing community-based career planning resources.
Wages for Employment Counsellors in West Coast--Northern Peninsula--Labrador Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|West Coast--Northern Peninsula--Labrador Region||16.51||20.71||29.24|
- Date Modified: