Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates assist nurses, hospital staff and physicians in the basic care of patients. They are employed in hospitals, nursing homes, and other health care facilities.
health care aide, hospital attendant, long term care aide, nurse aide, nursing attendant, orderly, patient care aide, patient service associate, psychiatric aide.
- Answer call signals; supply and empty bed pans; bathe, dress and groom patients; serve meal trays, feed or assist in feeding of patients and assist patients with menu selection; lift, turn or massage patients; shave patients prior to operations; supervise patients' exercise routines, set up and provide leisure activities for patients, and accompany patients on outside recreational activities; and perform other duties related to patient care
- Take patients' blood pressure, temperature and pulse; report or record fluid intake and output; observe or monitor patients' status and document patient care on charts; collect specimens such as urine, faeces or sputum; administer suppositories, colonic irrigations and enemas and perform other procedures as directed by nursing and hospital staff
- Transport patients by wheelchair or stretcher for treatment or surgery
- Carry messages, reports, requisitions and specimens from one department to another
- Make beds and maintain patients' rooms
- Maintain inventory of supplies
- May perform maintenance tasks such as assisting with the set-up and maintenance of traction equipment, cleaning or sterilizing equipment, maintaining and repairing equipment, and assembling, setting-up and operating job-related equipment.
Wages for Nurse Aides, Orderlies and Patient Service Associates in West Coast--Northern Peninsula--Labrador Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|West Coast--Northern Peninsula--Labrador Region||11.50||16.50||20.80|
- Date Modified: