Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Shippers and Receivers</i> (1471), <i>Storekeepers and Parts Clerks</i> (1472), <i>Production Clerks</i> (1473), <i>Purchasing and Inventory Clerks</i> (1474), <i>Dispatchers and Radio Operators</i> (1475) and <i>Transportation Route and Crew Schedulers</i> (1476). They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
dispatch logistician, flight crew scheduling supervisor, freight forwarding logistician, head dispatcher, head shipper, inventory control supervisor, logistics supervisor – transportation, parts service supervisor, production clerks supervisor, ramp services supervisor – airport, stock control supervisor, supervisor, receiving, supply control co-ordinator.
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: shipping, receiving, storing, distributing and maintaining inventories of materials, parts and products; processing purchasing transactions; co-ordinating production work; dispatching crews; scheduling transportation crews and routes; operating airport ramp servicing vehicles; and other related activities
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Recording, Distributing and Scheduling Occupations in West Coast--Northern Peninsula--Labrador Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|West Coast--Northern Peninsula--Labrador Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- There was an increase of approximately 5% in the number of passengers at the Deer Lake Regional Airport in 2012 over 2011, making it the busiest year on record. Commuting workers and increased airline capacity are attributed to the success.
Week of Jan 14 – Jan 18, 2013
- The number of flights to Labrador is rising, according to the head of EVAS Airlines. The company's President and CEO attributes this to the significant investment in mining, the development of the Muskrat Falls Hydroelectric Project, as well as improvements to the Trans Labrador highway.
Week of Jan 07 – Jan 11, 2013
- The ferry "Marine Eagle" may end its service season within days, depending on ice conditions off the coast of southern Labrador. The vessel services Williams Harbour, Charlottetown, Port Hope Simpson and Norman Bay.
- The outlook for Stephenville International Airport in 2013 appears positive
- The Charlo Airport is now offering regular flights to Wabush through Provincial Airlines on a permanent basis, given that it has been established that there is sufficient demand for the service.
Week of May 14 – May 18, 2012
- Date Modified: