Explore Careers - Job Market Report
School principals plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of teachers and other staff of an elementary or secondary school. They are employed by public and private schools. Administrators of elementary and secondary education plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the academic affairs of a school system. They are employed by school boards.
administrator, board of education, chief superintendent – schools, director of education, correctional institution, director of school for the hearing impaired, district school superintendent, headmaster/mistress, private school, school principal, secondary school principal, superintendent of elementary education, superintendent of secondary schools, superintendent of special education, vice-principal, school.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through department heads or supervisors, the activities of teachers and support staff
- Review programs to ensure conformance to school board or provincial standards and develop programs within limits of authority
- Co-ordinate teaching activities of the institution by making personnel assignments, determining class size and preparing timetables
- Organize and maintain procedures for the keeping of records
- Prepare and administer institution or program budget
- Direct and co-ordinate school maintenance services and the use of school facilities
- May recruit and hire teachers and other staff
- May teach.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through school principals, the academic affairs of a school district
- Evaluate curriculum, teaching methods and community participation in programs for a school district and revise programs as required
- Develop and administer programs for the education and training of students and adults
- Make recommendations concerning the annual operating budget of a school district
- Direct or supervise the recruitment, appointment, training, evaluation and promotion of teaching personnel.
Outlook & Prospects for School Principals and Administrators of Elementary and Secondary Education in West Coast--Northern Peninsula--Labrador Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|West Coast--Northern Peninsula--Labrador Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jan 14 - Jan 18, 2013
- Parents of students in St. Lunaire-Griquet protested the proposed closure of one of two schools in the region. They want to know why older students would have to be transported to St. Anthony rather than place all students at a school in nearby Gunners Cove.
- Date Modified: