Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Senior managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, the overall operations of goods production, utility, transportation and construction companies. They formulate policies which establish the direction to be taken by these companies, either alone or in conjunction with other members of a board of directors.
chief executive officer (CEO) – manufacturing company, chief financial officer (CFO) – urban transit system, corporate controller, logging company, executive vice-president – railway, general manager, trucking company, president, residential construction company, publishing house general manager, regional vice-president, petroleum production company, vice-president, finance – mining company, vice-president, marketing – airline, vice-president, operations – electric power company, vice-president, sales – pulp and paper manufacturing.
- Establish objectives for the company and formulate or approve policies and programs
- Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement company policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall personnel planning
- Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff
- Co-ordinate the work of regions, divisions or departments
- Represent the company or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the company in negotiations or other official functions.
Senior managers in this unit group may specialize in areas such as finance, marketing or human resources or in a particular product area.
Outlook & Prospects for Senior Managers – Goods Production, Utilities, Transportation and Construction in West Coast--Northern Peninsula--Labrador Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|West Coast--Northern Peninsula--Labrador Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 04 - Nov 08, 2013
- The Labrador-Grenfell Health is recruiting nurses for 15 positions in Happy Valley-Goose Bay. Some nurses have left the Labrador-Grenfell Health for more lucrative positions with Muskrat Falls.
- Black Spruce Exploration plans to begin exploration drilling in the Garden Hills area of the Port au Port Peninsula in early 2014
- The Iron Ore Company of Canada (IOC) is optimistic about the expansion planned for 2014 of the Wabush 3 Open Pit Project in Labrador West. There are currently 600-700 hundred employees redirected to this project and potential for an additional 90.
- The provincial government announced $243,000 in funding for water-related projects in the towns of Hawke¿s Bay, Port au Choix and Port Saunders. This initiative is cost-shared by the provincial government and the towns.
- The provincial government announced $23.5M in funding for a new wastewater treatment facility in Happy Valley-Goose Bay
- The Nunatsiavut Government will be holding a conference and trade show showcasing new business opportunities and economic development in coastal Labrador on October 28-31
- The second phase of expansion at the Iron Ore Company of Canada is expected to be completed by next summer. Rio Tinto plans to increase the production capacity at the mine by six percent a year.
- Date Modified: