Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Air transport ramp attendants operate ramp-servicing vehicles and equipment, handle cargo and baggage and perform other ground support duties at airports. They are employed by airline and air services companies and the federal government.
aircraft groomer, airport ramp attendant, cargo attendant, air transport, ramp agent, air transport, ramp attendant, air transport, station attendant, air transport.
- Drive and operate ramp-servicing vehicles and equipment such as towing tractors, food service trucks, de-icer sprayers and lavatory servicing trucks
- Position passenger loading stairs and operate aircraft cargo doors
- Marshal or tow aircrafts to gate positions for passenger boarding and deplaning and for loading and unloading of cargo
- Sort and load cargo and passenger baggage according to instructions forwarded by load planner to achieve proper balance
- Unload, sort and route cargo and baggage
- Transport freight between aircraft and airport warehouse
- Clean and prepare aircraft interior for passengers and wash aircraft exterior.
St. John's, Mount Pearl, Arnold's Cove, Bay Roberts, Bishop's Cove, Carbonear, Conception Bay South, Gulch, Gull Island, Harbour Grace, North River, Spaniard's Bay, Torbay, Upper Island Cove, Wabana, Birchy Nap, Chamberlains, Codner, Doyles, Foxtrap, Goulds, Greeleytown, Kelligrews, Lance Cove, Lawrence Pond, Manuels, Newton, North Pond Heights, Peachytown, Riverdale, Talcville, Topsail, Upper Gullies
Outlook & Prospects for Air Transport Ramp Attendants in Avalon Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Avalon Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jan 21 – Jan 25, 2013
Week of Oct 15 – Oct 19, 2012
- The St. John's International Airport Authority has been granted an injunction to keep striking workers from impeding or obstructing anyone trying to access the site
- St. John’s-based shipping giant Oceanex announced it is adding a new $108M container ship to its fleet
Week of Sep 10 – Sep 14, 2012
Week of Aug 27 – Aug 31, 2012
- Date Modified: