There are 35 job postings in Canada.
Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Cable television service technicians install, maintain and repair cable and satellite television and Internet signal and associated equipment in homes and commercial buildings. Cable television maintenance technicians maintain and repair cable television transmission and distribution systems and associated hardware. They are employed by cable and satellite television companies.
CATV technician, apprentice community antenna television (CATV) technician, cable television installer, cablevision servicer, direct broadcast satellite (DBS) technician – cable television, installation technician, cable television, maintenance technician, cable television.
- Communicate with subscribers and company personnel to determine work assignments
- Connect, disconnect and relocate cable outlets, install splitters, converters, decoders, satellite and pay TV equipment, and install other cable hardware and systems at subscriber's premises
- Install cable modems and software to enable Internet access at subscriber's premises
- Inspect, test and repair cable and satellite television signals and associated equipment at subscriber's premises.
- Maintain and repair main aerial and underground coaxial and fibre optic cable television transmission lines, trunking and related distribution and interconnecting systems including power supplies and amplifiers
- Inspect, monitor, test and adjust cable transmission and distribution systems
- Repair or replace faulty cables, power supplies, amplifiers and other associated transmission and distribution equipment
- Climb and work aloft on poles, ladders or other support structures
- Communicate with other workers to co-ordinate the preparation and completion of work assignments.
St. John's, Mount Pearl, Arnold's Cove, Bay Roberts, Bishop's Cove, Carbonear, Conception Bay South, Gulch, Gull Island, Harbour Grace, North River, Spaniard's Bay, Torbay, Upper Island Cove, Wabana, Birchy Nap, Chamberlains, Codner, Doyles, Foxtrap, Goulds, Greeleytown, Kelligrews, Lance Cove, Lawrence Pond, Manuels, Newton, North Pond Heights, Peachytown, Riverdale, Talcville, Topsail, Upper Gullies
Jobs for Cable Television Service and Maintenance Technicians in Avalon Peninsula Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
Job Opportunities in the Canadian Forces
The Canadian Forces is currently recruiting 2,800 Regular Force, and 5,400 part-time Reserve Force members for a wide range of careers across Canada.
The mission of the Canadian Forces is to protect Canada, defend North America in co operation with the U.S., and contribute to international peace and security. On any given day, about 8,000 Canadian Forces members - one third of our deployable force - are preparing for, engaged in or returning from an overseas mission. At home, Canadian Forces can bring the best available military resources from across Canada to bear on a crisis or threat, wherever it occurs, nation-wide.
To learn about the requirements and application process, visit FORCES.CA.
Federal Employment Programs and Services
Want to learn about programs that assist individuals, businesses and community organizations to identify employment resources such as jobs, labour market information and training opportunities? Visit:
- Canada Benefits
- Employment programs and services - Service Canada
- Training and Employment Initiatives - Service Canada
- Career Transition Assistance
- Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities
- Aboriginal Skills and Employment Training Strategy
- Students and Youth
Information for Youth and Students
Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP)
FSWEP provides full-time students with valuable, hands-on work experience related to their field of study and allows for a wealth of learning opportunities. For more information, visit the FSWEP Web site.
- Date Modified: