Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Bartenders mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. They are employed in restaurants, hotels, bars, taverns, private clubs, banquet halls and other licensed establishments. Supervisors of bartenders are included in this unit group.
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons
- Mix liquor, soft drinks, water and other ingredients to prepare cocktails and other drinks
- Prepare mixed drinks, wine, draft or bottled beer and non-alcoholic beverages for food and beverage servers or serve directly to patrons
- Collect payment for beverages and record sales
- Maintain inventory and control of bar stock and order supplies
- Clean bar area and wash glassware
- Ensure compliance with provincial/territorial liquor legislation and regulations
- May train and supervise other bartenders and bar staff
- May hire and dismiss staff.
St. John's, Mount Pearl, Arnold's Cove, Bay Roberts, Bishop's Cove, Carbonear, Conception Bay South, Gulch, Gull Island, Harbour Grace, North River, Spaniard's Bay, Torbay, Upper Island Cove, Wabana, Birchy Nap, Chamberlains, Codner, Doyles, Foxtrap, Goulds, Greeleytown, Kelligrews, Lance Cove, Lawrence Pond, Manuels, Newton, North Pond Heights, Peachytown, Riverdale, Talcville, Topsail, Upper Gullies
Outlook & Prospects for Bartenders in Avalon Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Avalon Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Feb 25 – Mar 01, 2013
- The Oppy's Diner restaurants in Bay Roberts and Carbonear on the Avalon Peninsula have closed permanently
Week of Dec 10 – Dec 14, 2012
- A New Brunswick company called Franchise Management Inc. has partnered with YUM Canada to purchase six KFC restaurants in the St. John's area. The restaurants will open as soon as new real estate space is secured.
Week of Nov 05 – Nov 09, 2012
- The Battery Hotel in St. John's has been sold, and all 70 workers will be laid off in early January 2013
Week of Sep 03 – Sep 07, 2012
- Vale is looking for additional accommodations for workers building its new processing plant in Long Harbour
- Date Modified: