Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Desktop publishing operators use computers to enter copy into a typesetting system or operate typesetting output equipment to produce text that is ready to print. They are employed by firms that specialize in typesetting, commercial printing companies, publishing and printing companies and various establishments in the public and private sectors that have in-house printing departments. This unit group also includes markup persons and pre-flight operators.
Braille keyboard operator, compositor – typesetting, computer typesetter, copy marker – typesetting, desktop compositor, desktop publishing (DTP) operator, file preparation operator, input operator – typesetting, markup person, output operator – typesetting, phototypesetter operator, pre-flight operator – printing, typographer.
- Desktop publishing operators operate desktop publishing software and equipment to design, lay out and produce camera-ready copy and may perform pre-flight operator duties.
- Markup persons mark copy with computer codes and typographic instructions before it is typeset.
- Typesetting input operators input copy, codes or commands and subsequent corrections into typesetting device or system; operate media conversion equipment to process and format copy transmitted through telecommunications.
- Typesetting output operators operate and tend typesetting output devices, load and process photosensitive material and perform routine maintenance.
- Pre-flight operators use computer software to confirm cost estimates, evaluate composition of orders, assess graphic images, and check fonts and other details to ensure that customers' files are complete before going to print.
- File preparation operators operate computers, image setters and digital proofers to transfer output or data to hard copy form.
St. John's, Mount Pearl, Arnold's Cove, Bay Roberts, Bishop's Cove, Carbonear, Conception Bay South, Gulch, Gull Island, Harbour Grace, North River, Spaniard's Bay, Torbay, Upper Island Cove, Wabana, Birchy Nap, Chamberlains, Codner, Doyles, Foxtrap, Goulds, Greeleytown, Kelligrews, Lance Cove, Lawrence Pond, Manuels, Newton, North Pond Heights, Peachytown, Riverdale, Talcville, Topsail, Upper Gullies
Wages for Desktop Publishing Operators and Related Occupations in Avalon Peninsula Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Newfoundland and Labrador||N/A||N/A||N/A||
Due to data limitations, the wage for this occupation cannot be published. Please refer to the wage published for this occupation at the national level.
|Avalon Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|West Coast--Northern Peninsula--Labrador Region||N/A||N/A||N/A|
- Date Modified: