Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Facility operation managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of commercial, transportation and recreational facilities and the included real estate. Facility operation managers are employed by a wide range of establishments, such as airports, harbours, canals, shopping centres, convention centres, warehouses and recreational facilities. Maintenance managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the maintenance department within commercial, industrial, institutional, recreational and other facilities. Maintenance managers are employed by a wide range of establishments, such as office buildings, shopping centres, airports, harbours, warehouses, grain terminals, universities, schools and sports facilities, and by the maintenance and mechanical engineering departments of manufacturing and other industrial establishments.
airport manager, arena manager, campus maintenance manager, chief, maintenance support services, facility operations manager, harbour master, head, facilities maintenance, maintenance manager, mechanical services superintendent, plant maintenance superintendent, recreation facility manager, shopping centre manager, shopping mall manager, superintendent, maintenance and service, warehouse manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of commercial, transportation and recreational facilities and the included real estate
- Oversee the leasing of space in the facility and the included real estate and the development of marketing strategies
- Plan, organize and direct administrative services such as signage, cleaning, maintenance, parking, safety inspections, security and snow removal
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects to modify commercial, transportation and recreational facilities and real estate
- Oversee the installation, maintenance and repair of real estate infrastructures including machinery, equipment and electrical and mechanical systems
- Plan and manage the facility's operations budget
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of reports and statistics related to areas of responsibility
- Hire, train and supervise staff.
- Direct the maintenance and repair of an establishment's machinery, equipment and electrical and mechanical systems
- Develop and implement schedules and procedures for safety inspections and preventive maintenance programs
- Co-ordinate cleaning, snow removal and landscaping operations
- Administer contracts for the provision of supplies and services
- Plan and manage a facility's maintenance budget
- Hire, train and supervise staff.
St. John's, Mount Pearl, Arnold's Cove, Bay Roberts, Bishop's Cove, Carbonear, Conception Bay South, Gulch, Gull Island, Harbour Grace, North River, Spaniard's Bay, Torbay, Upper Island Cove, Wabana, Birchy Nap, Chamberlains, Codner, Doyles, Foxtrap, Goulds, Greeleytown, Kelligrews, Lance Cove, Lawrence Pond, Manuels, Newton, North Pond Heights, Peachytown, Riverdale, Talcville, Topsail, Upper Gullies
Outlook & Prospects for Facility Operation and Maintenance Managers in Avalon Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Newfoundland and Labrador.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Avalon Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||N/A||N/A|
|South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
|West Coast--Northern Peninsula--Labrador Region||N/A||N/A|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
- October 2013 | (PDF, 550 KB)
- September 2013 | (PDF, 441 KB)
- August 2013 | (PDF, 441 KB)
- July 2013 | (PDF, 507 KB)
- June 2013 | (PDF, 242 KB)
- May 2013 | (PDF, 441 KB)
- April 2013 | (PDF, 525 KB)
- March 2013 | (PDF, 239 KB)
- February 2013 | (PDF, 436 KB)
- January 2013 | (PDF, 478 KB)
- Annual Edition 2012 | (PDF, 266 KB)
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 21 - Oct 25, 2013
- The provincial government announced $159,000 in funding to support the preservation of the wooden boat museum in Winterton
- The provincial government announced $457,000 in funding to redevelop the T'Railway Project in Conception Bay South
- The City of St. John's approved a proposal to build a park off Messenger Driver in Kenmount Park
- The provincial government announced $30,000 in funding through the Cultural Economic Development Program to assist with the production of the annual dance festival in St. John's
- Date Modified: