Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Sales, marketing and advertising managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of establishments and departments involved in commercial, industrial, wholesale and e-business sales, marketing, advertising and public relations. They are employed by commercial, industrial and wholesale establishments, marketing and public relations consulting companies and government departments.
Internet communications manager, Web communications manager, Web marketing manager, advertising director, advertising manager, corporate sales manager, director, communications, director, media relations, director, public relations, fundraising campaign manager, manager, e-business, marketing manager, promotions manager, regional sales manager, sales and marketing manager.
- Sales managers plan, direct and evaluate the activities of sales departments in commercial, industrial, wholesale and other non-retail establishments.
- Marketing managers establish distribution networks for products and services, initiate market research studies and analyze their findings, assist in product development, and direct and evaluate the marketing strategies of establishments.
- Advertising managers plan, direct and evaluate the activities of firms and departments that develop and implement advertising campaigns to promote the sales of products and services.
- Public relations managers direct and evaluate establishments and departments that develop and implement communication strategies and information programs, publicize activities and events, and maintain media relations on behalf of businesses, governments and other organizations.
- E-business managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the design, development and maintenance of Internet and Intranet sites to manage an organization's Internet presence including public relations, communications and commercial activities.
St. John's, Mount Pearl, Arnold's Cove, Bay Roberts, Bishop's Cove, Carbonear, Conception Bay South, Gulch, Gull Island, Harbour Grace, North River, Spaniard's Bay, Torbay, Upper Island Cove, Wabana, Birchy Nap, Chamberlains, Codner, Doyles, Foxtrap, Goulds, Greeleytown, Kelligrews, Lance Cove, Lawrence Pond, Manuels, Newton, North Pond Heights, Peachytown, Riverdale, Talcville, Topsail, Upper Gullies
Outlook & Prospects for Sales, Marketing and Advertising Managers in Avalon Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Newfoundland and Labrador.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Avalon Peninsula Region||2012-02-21|
|Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region||2012-04-03|
|South Coast--Burin Peninsula Region||2012-04-24|
|West Coast--Northern Peninsula--Labrador Region||2012-02-24|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers representing almost 40 machinists, millwrights and welders and Kruger have reached a deal with the Corner Brook pulp and paper mill.
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The provincial government's Dept. of Fisheries and Aquaculture has issued a call for proposals to evaluate new opportunities for harvesting, processing and marketing yellowtail flounder
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The provincial government Dept. of Natural Resources has announced plans for a $90M loan to the Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Mill to assist with industry challenges
- About 200 fishermen are protesting outside the Golden Shell Fisheries plant in Hickman's Harbour, Trinity Bay. The protestors want the plant to stop buying and processing crab until the price dispute is settled.
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Workers at Labatt Breweries Newfoundland in St. John's have voted in favour of a strike. About 50 workers walked off the job the week of March 25 when the employer asked them to train replacement workers. Replacement workers are now on site.
- The Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Mill received a financial boost this week as the provincial government waived a tax exemption valued at $6M until 2017
- Date Modified: