Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Sales, marketing and advertising managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of establishments and departments involved in commercial, industrial, wholesale and e-business sales, marketing, advertising and public relations. They are employed by commercial, industrial and wholesale establishments, marketing and public relations consulting companies and government departments.
Internet communications manager, Web communications manager, Web marketing manager, advertising director, advertising manager, corporate sales manager, director, communications, director, media relations, director, public relations, fundraising campaign manager, manager, e-business, marketing manager, promotions manager, regional sales manager, sales and marketing manager.
- Sales managers plan, direct and evaluate the activities of sales departments in commercial, industrial, wholesale and other non-retail establishments.
- Marketing managers establish distribution networks for products and services, initiate market research studies and analyze their findings, assist in product development, and direct and evaluate the marketing strategies of establishments.
- Advertising managers plan, direct and evaluate the activities of firms and departments that develop and implement advertising campaigns to promote the sales of products and services.
- Public relations managers direct and evaluate establishments and departments that develop and implement communication strategies and information programs, publicize activities and events, and maintain media relations on behalf of businesses, governments and other organizations.
- E-business managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the design, development and maintenance of Internet and Intranet sites to manage an organization's Internet presence including public relations, communications and commercial activities.
St. John's, Mount Pearl, Arnold's Cove, Bay Roberts, Bishop's Cove, Carbonear, Conception Bay South, Gulch, Gull Island, Harbour Grace, North River, Spaniard's Bay, Torbay, Upper Island Cove, Wabana, Birchy Nap, Chamberlains, Codner, Doyles, Foxtrap, Goulds, Greeleytown, Kelligrews, Lance Cove, Lawrence Pond, Manuels, Newton, North Pond Heights, Peachytown, Riverdale, Talcville, Topsail, Upper Gullies
Outlook & Prospects for Sales, Marketing and Advertising Managers in Avalon Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Avalon Peninsula Region||2012-02-21|
Employment prospects for Sales, Marketing and Advertising Managers are expected to be good in 2011-2012.
There is a growing demand for Sales, Marketing and Advertising Managers that are experienced in the use of electronic technologies and internet marketing. Many companies are now expanding their businesses to serve global markets using new marketing tools via the internet which creates additional demand for individuals in this occupation. Turnover is normally high as employees gain experience and move on to other projects.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Workers at Labatt Breweries Newfoundland in St. John's have voted in favour of a strike. About 50 workers walked off the job the week of March 25 when the employer asked them to train replacement workers. Replacement workers are now on site.
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- Approximately 50 workers walked off the job at Labatt Breweries Newfoundland in St. John's after an order from the employer to train replacement workers. The workers have been engaged in collective bargaining with the employer.
Week of Feb 04 – Feb 08, 2013
- Britannia Teas will close its storefront on Water Street in St. John's on February 24, 2013 due to rising operating costs
Week of Jan 07 – Jan 11, 2013
- Harris Rebar officially opened a new $2.5M fabrication yard in Seal Cove with almost double the space as their original site in Mount Pearl
- Vale is looking to fill 350 long-term jobs by the end of the year for the operation of its new nickel-processing plant in Long Harbour
- A national report released by Royal LePage on housing prices this week showed that 2012 was a record year for the real estate market in St. John's
- Date Modified: