Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers who operate machines or equipment to deposit metallized substances on metal or other articles to provide decorative, protective or restorative coatings. They are employed by metal products manufacturing companies and by customized metal plating and coating shops.
anodizer, electroplater operator, galvanizer, metal coater operator, metal dipper, metal electroplater, metal spray operator, sherardizer.
- Prepare and mix metallizing solutions according to formulas or specifications
- Operate and control electroplating equipment to coat metal and other objects
- Operate hot-dip metal plating equipment to galvanize metal and other objects
- Tend automatic metal coating machine which conveys objects through series of cleaning, rinsing and plating solutions
- Operate spray equipment to build up worn or damaged parts or to bond protective or decorative coatings on metal objects
- Check proper thickness of plating using micrometers, callipers or other devices
- May clean and prepare metal parts for coating
- May tend ovens which cure metal coating.
Wages for Plating, Metal Spraying and Related Operators in Southern Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: