Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Occupational therapists develop individual and group programs with people affected by illness, injury, developmental disorders, emotional or psychological problems and ageing to maintain, restore or increase their ability to care for themselves and to engage in work, school or leisure. They also develop and implement health promotion programs with individuals, community groups and employers. They are employed in health care facilities, in schools, and by private and social services agencies, or they may be self-employed.
clinical occupational therapist, community occupational therapist, occupational therapist (OT), occupational therapist rehabilitation consultant, occupational therapist, case manager, occupational therapist, research and development.
- Analyse clients' capabilities and expectations related to life activities through observation, interviews and formal assessments
- Develop intervention programs to address clients' needs related to self-care, work and leisure activities
- Maintain clients' records
- Establish personalized care plans working as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Consult and advise on health promotion programs to prevent disabilities and to maximize independent function in all activities of life
- May supervise support personnel and students and provide training.
Occupational therapists may specialize in working with specific populations such as children or adults, or persons with distinct problems such as dementia, traumatic brain injury and chronic pain, or provide special interventions such as return-to-work programs.
Jobs for Occupational Therapists in Southern Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Southern Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: