Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Systems testing technicians execute test plans to evaluate the performance of software applications and information and telecommunications systems. They are employed in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors.
application tester, application testing technician, software test co-ordinator, software tester, systems tester, systems testing technician, user acceptance tester.
- Develop and document software testing plans
- Install software and hardware and configure operating system software in preparation for testing
- Execute, analyze and document results of software application tests and information and telecommunication systems tests
- Develop and implement software and information system testing policies, procedures and scripts.
Outlook & Prospects for Systems Testing Technicians in Southern Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Southern Region||(1 of 3 stars)||2011-09-08|
Currently the chances of Systems Testing Technicians finding employment are limited because only a small number of people in this occupation are employed in the local area.
Although employment opportunities locally are limited, opportunities may exist in other areas of the province or in other regions of the country. People who are able to work elsewhere may want to research opportunities for this occupation in other labour markets within Nova Scotia and across the country. The future employment outlook for Systems Testing Technicians in Nova Scotia is expected to be fair over the next 5 years.
Additional information on Systems Testing Technicians (opportunities in other areas, training, who hires, current job openings, statistics and other information), is available on other parts of this web site.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- The aquatic centre at the Lunenburg County Lifestyle Centre has suffered construction delays, and its planned November opening has been moved to at least late winter. The arena in the complex opened this fall, and the library is expected to do the same in the coming weeks.
- A new clothing store, KBS Fashionable Treasures, has opened on Main Street in Liverpool
- Seafood processing company Bluewave Seafoods Inc. of Port Mouton has filed for creditor protection and its future is uncertain. The plant employs 70 full and part-time employees.
- Lange¿s Rock Farm of Maplewood has obtained a $499,990 contract to complete one of the phases of the seawall on the Northwest Arm in the Halifax Regional municipality
- Despite the closure of the Bowater-Mersey paper mill18 months ago, a number of new businesses have sprung up on Main Street in Liverpool and in other parts of Queens County. They include restaurants, clothing stores, an insurance company, and an aromatherapy and massage business.
- Local harbour improvement projects, which will include construction and repair of wharves and harbour dredging, have been announced by the federal government for Pinkney¿s Point, Meteghan, Wedgeport, and Saulnierville
- Repair and renovation work on the historic Cox Warehouse in Shelburne will begin soon, with a roofing contract awarded to On Shore Construction. Work on the rest of the building will be completed by the spring of 2014.
- A $7.5M renovation project continues at the Bridgewater Mall. New tenants include Dollarama, Sport Chek, Leon¿s Furniture, Mark¿s, and Winners, and most will be open for business during the winter of 2014.
- Date Modified: