Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Chemical plant machine operators monitor and operate units and machinery to blend, mix, process and package a wide range of specialty chemicals, pharmaceuticals, cleaning and toiletry products. They are primarily employed in chemical, cleaning compound, ink and adhesive industries, but may also be employed by chemical processing departments in other industries.
batch mixer – chemical processing, blender – chemical processing, capsule machine operator, evaporator operator – chemical processing, formulations blender operator, glue blender, granulator machine operator, mixer – chemical processing, screener – chemical processing, soap maker.
- Monitor meters, gauges and electronic instrumentation on one or more chemical or formulation units, such as mixers, kettles, blenders, dryers, tabletting, encapsulation, granulation and coating machines
- Measure, weigh and load chemical ingredients following formulation cards
- Start up, shut down, troubleshoot and clean equipment
- Adjust processing machines and equipment
- Monitor reaction processes and transfers of products in conformance with safety procedures
- Take samples and perform routine chemical and physical tests of products
- Record production data
- May operate equipment from a control room or from control consoles located near the production units.
Wages for Chemical Plant Machine Operators in Fredericton--Oromocto
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
Due to data limitations, the wage for this occupation cannot be published. Please refer to the wage published for this occupation at the provincial or territorial level.
- Date Modified: