There are 18 job postings in Canada.
Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Workers in this unit group assist ship engineer officers to operate, maintain and repair engines, machinery and auxiliary equipment aboard ships or self-propelled vessels. They are employed by marine transportation companies and federal government departments including the armed forces.
engine room crew, ship, greaser, engine room, marine engine oiler, marine engineering mechanic – military, ship boiler tender, ship stoker.
- Assist ship engineer officers in performing routine maintenance work and repair to ship's engine, machinery and auxiliary equipment
- Monitor engine, machinery and equipment indicators, record variables and report abnormalities to ship engineer officer on watch
- Lubricate moving parts of engines, machinery and auxiliary equipment
- Operate and maintain off-loading liquid pumps and valves
- Clean engine parts and keep engine room clean.
Jobs for Engine Room Crew, Water Transport in Fredericton--Oromocto
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
Job Opportunities as a Marine Engineering Mechanic in the Canadian Forces
The Canadian Forces is currently recruiting for the occupation of Marine Engineering Mechanic. Marine Engineering Mechanics (MAR ENG MECH) operate and monitor the operation of a ship's mechanical equipment. These mechanical systems are diverse and complex; the technical aspect of this job is challenging. Under supervision, they will inspect, test, maintain, repair, modify and install equipment associated with the trade.
To learn more about the requirements for this occupation and the application process, visit FORCES.CA.
Federal Employment Programs and Services
Want to learn about programs that assist individuals, businesses and community organizations to identify employment resources such as jobs, labour market information and training opportunities? Visit:
- Canada Benefits
- Employment programs and services - Service Canada
- Training and Employment Initiatives - Service Canada
- Career Transition Assistance
- Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities
- Aboriginal Skills and Employment Training Strategy
- Students and Youth
Information for Youth and Students
Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP)
FSWEP provides full-time students with valuable, hands-on work experience related to their field of study and allows for a wealth of learning opportunities. For more information, visit the FSWEP Web site.
- Date Modified: