Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Delivery and courier drivers drive automobiles, vans and light trucks to pick up and deliver various products. They are employed by dairies, drug stores, newspaper distributors, take-out food establishments, dry cleaners, mobile caterers, courier and messenger service companies and many other establishments, or they may be self-employed.
bread deliverer, canteen driver, courier service driver, delivery driver, driver salesperson, dry cleaning driver, mail service courier, newspaper delivery driver, pizza delivery driver, route driver, vending machine driver-supplier.
- Operate and drive automobiles, vans and light trucks to pick up and deliver various products, such as fast food, newspapers, magazines, bakery and dairy products, and items such as dry cleaning, envelopes, packages and parcels
- Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle
- Sell products over established routes and accept or make payments for goods
- Record information on pick-ups and deliveries, vehicle mileage, fuel costs and any problems encountered
- May communicate with central dispatch using cellular telephone or citizens' band (CB) radio.
Outlook & Prospects for Delivery and Courier Service Drivers in Fredericton--Oromocto
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within New Brunswick.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Saint John--St. Stephen Region||2010-06-22|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- A Starbucks coffee shop will be established in the former CIBC bank building on the corner of Main and Church streets in Moncton. The real estate company Le Groupe immobilier DuParc associated with Foulem construction has acquired the building where the Starbucks franchise will open this summer and has already started renovation work on the location.
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The Port of Saint John experienced a year-over-year increase in tonnage in the first quarter of 2013. Potash, forest products and container tonnage account for the bulk of the increase.
- The St. Louis Bar and Grill located at 1405 Mountain Road in Moncton opened April 10th
- A Second Cup coffee shop will open in the uptown area of Saint John at 14 King Street later in May. Twelve to 15 employees are expected to be hired.
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- McDonald's restaurants in New Brunswick announced that they are hiring 150 full and part-time workers in recognition of National Hiring Day. Across Canada, the restaurant is planning to hire more than 6,000 workers.
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- The Magnolia Café in Saint John will re-open in mid-April in the same Prince William Street space. All of the kitchen staff, including the head chief and pastry chef are returning along with half of the servers.
- Date Modified: