Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Shoe repairers repair footwear and shoemakers make specialized and custom shoes and boots. They are employed in shoe repair shops or custom shoemaking establishments, or they may be self-employed.
- Discuss type of footwear to be made and obtain measurements from customer
- Select patterns and leather or other material and outline and cut patterns
- Select or assemble lasts, fasten insoles to lasts and sew or glue other parts into place
- Trim, dress and otherwise finish boots or shoes
- Estimate custom footwear costs and receive payment from customers
- May supervise other shoemakers and shoe repairers.
- Repair soles, heels and other parts of footwear using sewing, buffing and other shoe repair machines, materials and equipment
- Repair belts, luggage, purses and similar products
- Estimate footwear repair costs and take payment.
Jobs for Shoe Repairers and Shoemakers in Fredericton--Oromocto
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Fredericton--Oromocto for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: