Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Interior designers conceptualize and produce aesthetic, functional and safe designs for interior spaces in residential, commercial, cultural, institutional and industrial buildings. They are employed by architectural firms, interior design firms, retail establishments, construction companies, hospitals, airlines, hotel and restaurant chains, and other establishments or they may be self-employed.
aircraft interior designer, interior design technician, interior designer, kitchen designer, office space planner, project manager, interior design, retail space planner.
- Consult with clients to determine needs, preferences, safety requirements and purpose of space
- Develop detailed plans and 3-D models showing arrangement of walls, dividers, displays, lighting and other fixtures using computer-assisted design (CAD) software and graphics software
- Develop plans, elevations, cross sections and detailed drawings, and advise on selection of colours, finishes and materials, floor and wall coverings, interior and exterior lighting, furniture and other items, taking into account ergonomic and occupational health standards
- Estimate costs and materials required and may advise on leasing, real estate and marketing
- Prepare plans and specifications for the final interior designs in accordance with current practices and codes
- Work in a multidisciplinary environment
- May direct site work crews and subcontractors.
Interior designers may specialize in designing interiors for residential, commercial, institutional, cultural and industrial buildings and for aircraft, ships or trains, trade shows and exhibitions.
Wages for Interior Designers in Fredericton--Oromocto
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: