Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes dancers and dance teachers. Dancers are employed by ballet and dance companies, television and film productions and night clubs and similar establishments. Dance teachers are employed by dance academies and dance schools.
ballet dancer, ballet teacher, ballroom dancing teacher, dance instructor, dancer, folkloric dancer, interpretative dancer, tap dancer.
- Practise and rehearse dance routines under direction or instruction to achieve desired interpretation and presentation
- Perform dances as soloists or as members of groups before live audiences or for film or television
- Train and exercise to maintain the required levels of ability and fitness
- May choreograph their own performances.
- Teach dance technique and artistic interpretation to amateur and professional individuals and groups
- Teach the techniques, cultural origins and symbolic meanings of aboriginal, ethnic and folkloric dances
- Teach recreational dancing lessons such as ballroom dancing
- Prepare dance students for specific auditions and performances.
Dancers may specialize in specific types of dance such as ballet, ballroom, folk, jazz or modern.
Jobs for Dancers in Fredericton--Oromocto
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Fredericton--Oromocto for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: