Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Data entry clerks input coded, statistical, financial and other information into computerized databases, spreadsheets or other templates using a keyboard, mouse, or optical scanner, speech recognition software or other data entry tools. They are employed in the private and public sectors.
data control clerk, data entry operator, data input clerk, data processor, payment entry clerk.
- Receive and register invoices, forms, records and other documents for data capture
- Input data into computerized databases, spreadsheets or other templates using a keyboard, mouse, or optical scanner, speech recognition software or other data entry tools
- Import and/or export data between different kinds of software
- Verify accuracy and completeness of data
- Identify, label and organize electronic storage media
- Maintain libraries of electronic storage media
Outlook & Prospects for Data Entry Clerks in Fredericton--Oromocto
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Fredericton--Oromocto||(1 of 3 stars)||2011-10-18|
Currently the chances of qualified Data Entry Clerks finding employment are considered to be limited in the local area.
Employment opportunities for Data Entry Clerks may vary in different communities across the province. You may want to check for specific opportunities in your community. Also, people who are able to work elsewhere may want to research the opportunities for this occupation in other areas of New Brunswick or in other provinces across the country.
According to the most recent (2006) Census, this is a medium-sized occupational group with a labour force of 230, and an unemployment rate (7%) that is below the average (8%) for all occupations in the area. Also, the average age of data entry clerks is 35, which is below the average age (40) of all occupations.
According to the most recent Canadian Occupational Projections System (COPS) Forecast, the average annual employment growth rate for this occupation is below the average for all occupations in New Brunswick. Many of the jobs in this occupation can be found in these main industries: 1) Public Administration and 2) Finance, Insurance, Real estate and Leasing industries.
This occupation is classified as "significant" because there is a large percentage of Data Entry Clerks working within the area and/or it is a strategically important occupation to the local labour market.
Technological advances are creating fewer data entry clerk positions in the Fredericton-Oromocto area. Also, many of the duties formerly done by this group have been incorporated into those of other clerical staff. That is mostly why limited growth is expected in the area.
For more information on Data Entry Clerks (opportunities in other areas, training, who hires, current job openings and additional statistics), please click on one of the links below or select another option from the left sidebar.
Date Published: 2011-08-29
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Aug 05 - Aug 09, 2013
- Approximately six people have been laid off at three Fredericton ratio stations that were recently purchased by Bell Media. The employees produced editorial and creative content for the stations.
- Newcap Radio is launching a new radio format in Fredericton. The station will be located at 495 Prospect Street and will feature "feel-good" music from the 1970s up to the present.
- Date Modified: