Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Nursery and greenhouse workers plant, cultivate and harvest trees, shrubs, flowers and plants, and serve nursery and greenhouse customers. They are employed in indoor and outdoor nurseries and greenhouses.
forest nursery worker, greenhouse worker, horticulture worker, hothouse worker, hydroponics worker, nursery worker.
- Prepare soil; plant bulbs, seeds and cuttings; graft and bud plants; and transplant seedlings and rooted cuttings
- Spray trees, shrubs, flowers and plants to prevent disease and pests
- Position and regulate greenhouse and outdoor irrigation systems to water plants and fields
- Dig, cut and transplant trees, shrubs, flowers and plants and prepare them for sale
- Provide information to customers on gardening and the care of trees, shrubs, flowers, plants and lawns
- May operate tractors and other machinery and equipment to fertilize, cultivate, harvest and spray fields and plants
- Maintain inventory and order materials as required
- Clean working area.
Outlook & Prospects for Nursery and Greenhouse Workers in Edmundston--Woodstock Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Currently the chances of qualified Nursery and Greenhouse Workers finding employment are considered to be limited in the local area.
Job opportunities in this occupation are found in these industries: 1) agriculture; and 2) management, administration and other support services. The main reason employment prospects are considered limited for this occupation is that nursery and greenhouse workers are a seasonal occupational group. Demand generally begins in the spring, peaks in mid-summer, and ends in the fall. For several years, the number of nursery and greenhouse vacancies has been stable. There is particular demand for people who already have skills and experience in horticulture. As the population ages, gardening is becoming more and more popular, which could increase demand for nursery and greenhouse products. In addition, when the economy is good, there is an increase in demand for these products.
Employment opportunities for Nursery and Greenhouse Workers may vary in different communities across the province. You may want to check for specific opportunities in your community. Also, people who are able to work elsewhere may want to research the opportunities for this occupation in other areas of NB or in other provinces across the country.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 16 – Apr 20, 2012
- Date Modified: