Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Printing press operators set up and operate sheet and web-fed presses to print illustrations, designs and text on paper, plastic, sheet metal and other material. They are employed by commercial printing companies; newspapers, magazines, and other publishing companies; and establishments in the public and private sectors that have in-house printing departments.
apprentice pressman/woman, assistant pressman/woman, first pressman/woman, flexographic press operator, offset press operator, printing press operator, rotogravure pressman/woman – printing.
- Review job orders to determine job specifications such as production time, colour sequence and quantities required, and advise press crew of these specifications
- Mount plates or cylinders and make necessary adjustments
- Fill ink fountains and take measurements, make adjustments and determine settings to control colour and viscosity
- Set up press and check samples for ink coverage, alignment and registration
- Monitor regular press run for quality consistency using computer control console and make adjustments if required
- Remove and clean plates and cylinders at end of press run
- Set up and adjust in-line binding and finishing equipment
- Direct activities of press crew and ensure that safety procedures are adhered to.
Wages for Printing Press Operators in Edmundston--Woodstock Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
Due to data limitations, the wage for this occupation cannot be published. Please refer to the wage published for this occupation at the provincial or territorial level.
- Date Modified: