Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes telecommunications and electrical trade contractors who own and operate their own businesses. This group also includes supervisors who supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: <i>Electricians</i> (7241), <i>Industrial Electricians</i> (7242), <i>Power System Electricians</i> (7243), <i>Electrical Power Line and Cable Workers</i> (7244), <i>Telecommunications Line and Cable Workers</i> (7245), <i>Telecommunications Installation and Repair Workers</i> (7246) and <i>Cable Television Service and Maintenance Technicians</i> (7247). They are employed in a wide range of establishments; places of employment are indicated in the above unit group descriptions.
electrical contractor, foreman/woman, cablevision technicians, foreman/woman, construction electricians, foreman/woman, industrial electricians, foreman/woman, power line and cable workers, foreman/woman, power system electricians, foreman/woman, telecommunications installation and repair workers, supervisor, cable maintenance and repair, supervisor, plant electricians, supervisor, residential electricians.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who install, repair and maintain electrical wiring, fixtures and control devices, power systems, telecommunication systems and cablevision systems
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other subcontractors or departments
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Prepare work progress reports
- May manage the operations of own company
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
Outlook & Prospects for Contractors and Supervisors, Electrical Trades and Telecommunications Occupations in Edmundston--Woodstock Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Edmundston--Woodstock Region||<Not assigned>||2011-05-26|
According to the most recent (2006) Census, this is a small occupational group with a labour force of 60, and an unemployment rate (0%) that is below the average (8%) for all occupations in the area.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 07 - Oct 11, 2013
- An investment of over $240,000 has been made by the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) to renovate the LP Fisher Library in Woodstock. The renovation work will include the heating system as well as improvements to electrical, plumbing and heating systems. The LP Fisher Library is a century-old building located in downtown Woodstock.
- Fredericton-based Springhill Construction Limited has won the contract to build the new Southern Carleton Elementary School on Bull Road in Bedell, Carleton County. The sod turning event was held recently. The new school will replace two older schools in the area.
- Dora Construction of Dieppe has been awarded the $18.7M contract to build the new Centennial Elementary School. The new school will be built on Elizabeth Street in Woodstock.
- A contract has been awarded in the amount of $88,200 to address some of the problems that the city of Saint-Leonard has been experiencing with surface water flow. Work will include replacement of some of the drainage material.
- The provincial government of New Brunswick has provided $47,000 for the development of an historical minivillage at Saint-François
- The province announced the construction of a 60-bed nursing home in Perth-Andover to replace the existing Victoria Glenn Manor. The $15.6M project is expected to be completed in the fall of 2014.
- Date Modified: