Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Specialized cleaners clean and refurbish building exteriors, carpets, chimneys, industrial equipment, ventilation systems, windows and other surfaces, using specialized equipment and techniques. They are employed by specialized cleaning service companies or they may be self-employed.
auto detailer, building exterior cleaner, carpet cleaner, chimney cleaner, freight car cleaner, furnace cleaner, laboratory equipment cleaner, sandblaster, septic tank cleaner, upholstery cleaner, vehicle cleaner, ventilation system cleaner, window cleaner.
- Carpet and upholstery cleaners operate cleaning machines to clean carpets, rugs and upholstered furniture on customers' premises or in carpet and upholstery cleaning establishments.
- Chimney cleaners clean soot and creosote from chimneys and fireplaces using hand tools and industrial vacuum cleaners.
- Furnace and ventilation system cleaners clean ducts, vents and filters of furnaces in residences and commercial buildings using hand tools and industrial vacuum cleaners.
- Sandblasters clean building exteriors, tanks, chimneys and industrial equipment using sandblasting, pressurized steam or hydroblasting equipment.
- Vehicle cleaners clean the interior and exterior of automobiles, buses, streetcars, railway cars and subway cars.
- Window cleaners wash and clean interior and exterior windows and other glass surfaces in low-rise and highrise buildings.
Outlook & Prospects for Specialized Cleaners in Edmundston--Woodstock Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Currently the chances of qualified Specialized Cleaners finding employment are considered to be limited in the local area.
Job opportunities in this occupation are mostly found in these industries: 1) retail trade; 2) transportation and warehousing; and 3) other services. The main reason employment prospects are considered limited for this occupation is that there are few vacancies posted in the local newspapers and on job search sites in the Edmundston-Woodstock region. However, employment opportunities seem more interesting for individuals who work as automotive detailing specialists, where a certain number of vacant positions have been posted in the past few years. Salaries and benefits are usually low, often resulting in high employee turnover.
Employment opportunities for Specialized Cleaners may vary in different communities across the province. You may want to check for specific opportunities in your community. Also, people who are able to work elsewhere may want to research the opportunities for this occupation in other areas of NB or in other provinces across the country.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Nov 26 – Nov 30, 2012
- Synergie-Contact has decided to push back the opening of its Edmundston call centre. A decision will be made in the spring of 2013. This project could create approximately 100 jobs.
Week of Apr 30 – May 04, 2012
- Date Modified: