Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Food service supervisors, supervise, direct and co-ordinate the activities of workers who prepare, portion and serve food. They are employed by hospitals and other health care establishments and by cafeterias, catering companies and other food service establishments.
cafeteria supervisor, food services, canteen supervisor, catering supervisor, food service supervisor.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of staff who prepare, portion and serve food
- Estimate and order ingredients and supplies required for meal preparation
- Prepare food order summaries for chef according to requests from dieticians, patients in hospitals or other customers
- Establish methods to meet work schedules
- Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage
- Train staff in job duties, and sanitation and safety procedures
- Supervise and check assembly of regular and special diet trays and delivery of food trolleys to hospital patients
- Ensure that food and service meet quality control standards
- May participate in the selection of food service staff and assist in the development of policies, procedures and budgets
- May plan cafeteria menus and determine related food and labour costs.
Outlook & Prospects for Food Service Supervisors in Edmundston--Woodstock Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within New Brunswick.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Saint John--St. Stephen Region||N/A||N/A|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- A Starbucks coffee shop will be established in the former CIBC bank building on the corner of Main and Church streets in Moncton. The real estate company Le Groupe immobilier DuParc associated with Foulem construction has acquired the building where the Starbucks franchise will open this summer and has already started renovation work on the location.
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- The St. Louis Bar and Grill located at 1405 Mountain Road in Moncton opened April 10th
- A Second Cup coffee shop will open in the uptown area of Saint John at 14 King Street later in May. Twelve to 15 employees are expected to be hired.
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- McDonald's restaurants in New Brunswick announced that they are hiring 150 full and part-time workers in recognition of National Hiring Day. Across Canada, the restaurant is planning to hire more than 6,000 workers.
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- The Magnolia Café in Saint John will re-open in mid-April in the same Prince William Street space. All of the kitchen staff, including the head chief and pastry chef are returning along with half of the servers.
- Date Modified: