Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Computer network technicians establish, operate, maintain, and co-ordinate the use of local and wide area networks (LANs and WANs), mainframe networks, hardware, software and related computer equipment. They set up and maintain Internet and Intranet Web sites and Web-server hardware and software, and monitor and optimize network connectivity and performance. They are employed in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors. Supervisors of computer network technicians are included in this group.
Internet Web site technician, LAN (local area network) administrator, LAN (local area network) technician, Web technician, computer network technician, computer network technician supervisor, data centre operator, network administrator, network support technician, supervisor, computer network technician, system administrator.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks, computer workstations, connections to the Internet and peripheral equipment
- Evaluate and install computer hardware, networking software, operating system software and software applications
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks and to co-ordinate access and use of computer networks
- Provide problem-solving services to network users
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade Web-server hardware and software
- Implement network traffic and security monitoring software, and optimize server performance
- Perform routine network start up and close down and maintain control records
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations
- Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls
- Control and monitor e-mail use, Web navigation, and installed softwares
- Perform shell scripting or other basic scripting tasks
- May supervise other workers in this group.
Jobs for Computer Network Technicians in Edmundston--Woodstock Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Edmundston--Woodstock Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: