There are 296 job postings in Canada.
Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Computer network technicians establish, operate, maintain, and co-ordinate the use of local and wide area networks (LANs and WANs), mainframe networks, hardware, software and related computer equipment. They set up and maintain Internet and Intranet Web sites and Web-server hardware and software, and monitor and optimize network connectivity and performance. They are employed in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors. Supervisors of computer network technicians are included in this group.
Internet Web site technician, LAN (local area network) administrator, LAN (local area network) technician, Web technician, computer network technician, computer network technician supervisor, data centre operator, network administrator, network support technician, supervisor, computer network technician, system administrator.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks, computer workstations, connections to the Internet and peripheral equipment
- Evaluate and install computer hardware, networking software, operating system software and software applications
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks and to co-ordinate access and use of computer networks
- Provide problem-solving services to network users
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade Web-server hardware and software
- Implement network traffic and security monitoring software, and optimize server performance
- Perform routine network start up and close down and maintain control records
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations
- Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls
- Control and monitor e-mail use, Web navigation, and installed softwares
- Perform shell scripting or other basic scripting tasks
- May supervise other workers in this group.
Jobs for Computer Network Technicians in Edmundston--Woodstock Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
Job Opportunities in the Canadian Forces
The Canadian Forces is currently recruiting 2,800 Regular Force, and 5,400 part-time Reserve Force members for a wide range of careers across Canada.
The mission of the Canadian Forces is to protect Canada, defend North America in co operation with the U.S., and contribute to international peace and security. On any given day, about 8,000 Canadian Forces members - one third of our deployable force - are preparing for, engaged in or returning from an overseas mission. At home, Canadian Forces can bring the best available military resources from across Canada to bear on a crisis or threat, wherever it occurs, nation-wide.
To learn about the requirements and application process, visit FORCES.CA.
Federal Employment Programs and Services
Want to learn about programs that assist individuals, businesses and community organizations to identify employment resources such as jobs, labour market information and training opportunities? Visit:
- Canada Benefits
- Employment programs and services - Service Canada
- Training and Employment Initiatives - Service Canada
- Career Transition Assistance
- Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities
- Aboriginal Skills and Employment Training Strategy
- Students and Youth
Information for Youth and Students
Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP)
FSWEP provides full-time students with valuable, hands-on work experience related to their field of study and allows for a wealth of learning opportunities. For more information, visit the FSWEP Web site.
- Date Modified: