Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Web designers and developers research, design, develop and produce Internet and Intranet sites. They are employed in computer software development firms, information technology consulting firms, information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.
Internet site designer, Internet site developer, Intranet site designer, Web designer, Web developer, Web manager, Web site developer, Webmaster, e-business Web site developer, e-commerce Web site developer.
- Consult with clients to develop and document Web site requirements
- Prepare mock-ups and storyboards
- Develop Web site architecture and determine hardware and software requirements
- Source, select and organize information for inclusion and design the appearance, layout and flow of the Web site
- Create and optimize content for the Web site using a variety of graphics, database, animation and other software
- Plan, design, write, modify, integrate and test Web-site related code
- Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls
- May lead and co-ordinate multidisciplinary teams to develop Web site graphics, content, capacity and interactivity
- May research and evaluate a variety of interactive media software products
Outlook & Prospects for Web Designers and Developers in Edmundston--Woodstock Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Edmundston--Woodstock Region||<Not assigned>||2011-05-24|
According to the most recent (2006) Census, this is a medium-sized occupational group with a labour force of 125, and an unemployment rate (8%) that is approximately equal (8%) for all occupations in the area. Also, the average age of web designers and developers is 32, which is below the average age (40) of all occupations.
According to the most recent Canadian Occupational Projection System (COPS) Forecast, the average annual employment growth rate for this occupation is above the average for all occupations in New Brunswick. Web designers and developers work mostly in the public administration; computer system design services; retail trade; educational services; and metal fabrication and machinery (excluding electrical) industries.
This occupation is classified as "significant" because there is a large percentage of web designers and developers working within the area and/or it is a strategically important occupation to the local labour market.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Nov 05 – Nov 09, 2012
- Synergie-Contact may open a new call centre in Edmundston (available in French only)
Week of Sep 10 – Sep 14, 2012
- Provincial and federal governments invest in the Collège communautaire du Nouveau-Brunswick (CCNB) - Campus d’Edmundston for its Biorefinery Technology Scale-up Centre in Grand Falls
Week of Aug 13 – Aug 17, 2012
- Federal and provincial governments invest in Maple Leaf Motel, Campground & Restaurant Ltd. in Saint-Léonard
Week of Jul 02 – Jul 06, 2012
- Provincial government annouces $2M investment for the organization of the 2014 World Acadian Congress in Edmundston
- Date Modified: