Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes those who provide services to management such as analyzing the operations, managerial methods or functions of an organization in order to propose, plan and implement improvements, or analyzing advertising needs and developing appropriate advertising plans. They are employed by management consulting firms, advertising agencies and throughout the public and private sectors or are self-employed.
ISO consultant, advertising account executive, business management consultant, business methods analyst, consultant, organizational analysis, management analyst, organizational analyst, promotion specialist, records management specialist, researcher, organization and methods, senior consultant, operations management.
- Analyze and provide advice on the managerial methods and organization of a public or private sector establishment
- Conduct research to determine efficiency and effectiveness of managerial policies and programs
- Conduct assessments and propose improvements to methods, systems and procedures in areas such as operations, human resources, records management and communications
- Conduct quality audits and develop quality management and quality assurance standards for ISO (International Organization for Standardization) registration
- Plan the reorganization of the operations of an establishment
- May supervise contracted researchers or clerical staff.
- Assess characteristics of products or services to be promoted and advise on the advertising needs of an establishment
- Advise clients on advertising or sales promotion strategies
- Develop and implement advertising campaigns appropriate for print or electronic media.
Outlook & Prospects for Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management in Edmundston--Woodstock Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Currently the chances of workers in this occupation finding employment are limited because only a small number of people in this occupation are employed in the area.
Job opportunities in this occupation are mostly found in these industries: 1) public administration; and 2) other professional services. The main reason employment prospects are considered limited for this occupation is that most economic development and consulting firms in the region have relatively few employees. This occupational group may choose to be self-employed or do contract work. For the next four years, bidding from northwest contractors to obtain funds from the Northern NB Economic Development plan should create new job openings for these professionals. Consultants very familiar with government services will have better employment prospects than others, because subcontracting in this field is more and more popular in the area. People with more years of business experience have better chances.
Employment opportunities for workers in this occupation may vary in different communities across the province. You may want to check for specific opportunities in your community. Also, people who are able to work elsewhere may want to research the opportunities for this occupation in other areas of NB or in other provinces across the country.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Nov 05 – Nov 09, 2012
- Synergie-Contact may open a new call centre in Edmundston (available in French only)
Week of Sep 10 – Sep 14, 2012
- Provincial and federal governments invest in the Collège communautaire du Nouveau-Brunswick (CCNB) - Campus d’Edmundston for its Biorefinery Technology Scale-up Centre in Grand Falls
- Date Modified: