Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes assemblers and inspectors, not elsewhere classified, who assemble and inspect a variety of products, such as jewellery, silverware, clocks and watches, musical instruments, sporting goods, toys, and other miscellaneous products. They are employed by a wide variety of manufacturing companies.
Venetian blind assembler, antenna assembler, bicycle assembler, camera assembly inspector, eyeglass frame assembler, golf club assembler, jewellery inspector, lampshade assembler, piano assembly inspector, toy inspector, watch assembler.
- Cut, shape and fit materials to form parts and components
- Screw, clip, glue, bond, weld or otherwise assemble parts and components to form final products
- Sand, trim, grind or clean products into final form using hand tools.
- Check manufactured items for defects and for conformance to specifications, visually or using sample models and instruments
- Affix seals or tags to approved items and return defective products for repair or recycle
- Complete reports on product inspection.
Barrie, Cambridge, Guelph, Kitchener, Orillia, Waterloo, Bradford West Gwillimbury, Collingwood, Innisfil, Midland, New Hamburg, New Tecumseth, Orangeville, Penetanguishene, Port McNicoll, Shelburne, Alliston, Ayr, Beeton, Buena Vista Park, Cardwell, Cookstown, Cumberland Beach, Elmira, Elmvale, Purple Hill, Rockcut, Rockwood, Starrview Acres, St. Jacobs, Tottenham
Outlook & Prospects for Other Assemblers and Inspectors in Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Knape & Vogt Manufacturing Co. is closing its furniture facility in Kitchener by the second half of 2014 and moving the operation to Grand Rapids, Michigan, affecting more than 230 workers
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Babcock & Wilcox Canada Ltd., a steam generation products manufacturer, laid off 26 workers at its Cambridge location
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- GSW Water Heating will close its manufacturing plant in Fergus by July 1, 2013, affecting 350 employees
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- Kubota Materials Canada Corporation plans to begin production at its newly constructed facility in Orillia by the second quarter 2013, creating approximately 12 jobs
- Date Modified: